Need advice about hiring foreign workers in Malaysia:
Thinking of hiring foreign workers in Malaysia? Worried that about the lengthy and confusing processes? Fear not! Below is a brief guide on how to hire foreign workers in Malaysia. Specifically in rules and policies of hiring foreign workers in Malaysia.
Rule and policies of hiring foreign workers in Malaysia:
Sectors that are allowed to hire foreign workers in Malaysia
|Can only work in manufacturing, construction, agriculture, plantation, and services (cooks, cleaning and sanitation, island resort, hotel, golf caddy, cargo handling) sectors.|
|18 to 45 years old at the time of application.|
Individuals who are prohibited from entering this country
Levy Payment Rates
Nationalities that are allowed to work in Malaysia
Procedure of hiring foreign workers in Malaysia:
Pre Arrival :
- Obtain quota of foreign workers from the Ministry of Home Affairs, One Stop Centre (OSC);
- Obtain the individual ISC results from the ISC results of the applicant’s country;
- Apply to the Immigration Department for a Visa with Reference (VDR) approval via immigration counter or online.
Post Arrival :
- Foreign workers can enter Malaysia via authorized entry points using issued VDR by the immigration office and entry visa issued by the Malaysian Attaches Offices in their respective country;
- Upon arrival, the employer has 24 hours to complete the clearance process of their foreign worker;
- Apply for a Visit Pass (Temporary Employment)[VP(TE)]. VP(TE) will only be issued once the individual obtains a medical certificate (FOMEMA) from a certified clinic/ hospital. It must be done within 30 days upon entering Malaysia. Failure to do so will bar the individual from staying and working in Malaysia.
Need advice about hiring foreign workers in Malaysia :
1. List of centers: https://www.imi.gov.my/images/pdf/2017/isc/ISC-19may2017.pdf
2. List of medical centers: https://www.imi.gov.my/images/pdf/Senarai_Pusat_Kesihatan_as_at_1Mei2015.pdf
3. Section 8 (3)(a) – (o), Immigration Act 1959/ 1963.
4. VDR checklist: https://www.imi.gov.my/index.php/en/foreign-worker.html
5. FOMEMA can be done at https://portal.fomema.my/