We have assisted numerous local and foreign startup, social enterprise, SME and MNC to incorporate a Company in Malaysia. Use the following links to:
LATEST UPDATE ON HOW TO INCORPORATE A COMPANY IN MALAYSIA (SDN BHD COMPANY)
First of all, pursuant to the New Companies Act 2016 (came into force w.e.f 31 January 2017), the process for Company Registration Malaysia (i.e. Sdn Bhd Company) can be done online:
(1) at RM1,060.00
(2) using only one (1) persons name (long gone are the days where you need two(2) people to set up a Private Limited Company in Malaysia, Jyeah!!! SSM is Awesome)
WHAT IS THE FEE FOR COMPANY REGISTRATION MALAYSIA?
The fee charged by Company Commission Malaysia (CCM Malaysia) involved are as follows:
• RM50 – Reservation of Name for 30 days
• RM1,010.00 – Incorporate Fees
WHAT ARE SOME OF THE INFORMATION REQUIRED FOR COMPANY REGISTRATION MALAYSIA?
- Name of proposed Company – prepare 3 names just incase your first choice is taken.(e.g.: LIGHTSABER MANUFACTURING SDN BHD, DEATH STAR SDN BHD or HAN SOLO SDN BHD)
WARNING: CCM Malaysia reserves the right to reject your name reservation submission, which will require you to make another name reservation – each name reservation will cost you RM50 – so choose wisely
- Principal Business Activity (e.g. Software Development, Construction & Renovation, or Car Rental)
- Information on Identification Card or Passport of Shareholder/Director – min of 1 person; (YES, ONLY ONE PERSON IS SUFFICIENT – You don’t have to borrow your wife, girlfriend, brother, uncle, aunty or best friends name to set up a Private Limited Company)
- Amount of paid up capital (how much capital /modal are you injecting into the business); and
- Percentage of shareholding of each shareholders (if there are multiple shareholders).
DO YOU STILL NEED TO HIRE A COMPANY SECRETARY?
Yes, you will still need a company secretary for the following reasons:
- CCM Malaysia requires that you must appoint a company secretary within 30 days from the date of incorporation and that the position must not be vacant for more then 30 days. If you are late – Fees will be imposed for late appointment of company secretary.
- As soon as your Company is incorporated you will most probably need to open your account, as a result a Company Secretary is required to prepare the resolutions and documents to that effect.
- You will need a Company Secretary to lodge you annual returns and other relevant documents to SSM such as Company Constitution, Allotment of New Shares and Appointment of Directors and etc.
If you are still contemplating on the type of business vehicle to choose, check out our article on 3 Types of Business Setup in Malaysia
Before the company formation it is also important to ensure that you are appointing the right person as your company secretary for company registration malaysia. Check out our article on how to choose Company Secretary
If you are a foreigner, we don’t foresee you facing much barriers to incorporate a company in Malaysia, but we do foresee issues with setting up a bank account. Check out our article on Issues which foreigner will face when to incorporate company)
We have assisted numerous local and foreign startup, social enterprise, SME and MNC to setup a Company in Malaysia. Use the following links to: